Code of Ethics
The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada (WPIC) is an institute of higher learning for wedding professionals. WPIC Certified Wedding Coordinators are held to higher standards than “regular” planners. We take this industry seriously, so seriously that we got trained and formally educated in wedding coordination.
Graduates of The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada must abide by the following Code of Ethics or they can be stripped of their Certification and disbarred from the WPIC Alumni Association.
WPIC CODE OF ETHICS:
- We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors. Vendors must know that the clients are the recipients of any discounts given.
- We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our clients.
- We uphold our ethics. We will not take or attempt to take clients from, or discredit, other vendors with gossip or slander.
- Every client will receive a detailed contract for Wedding Day Direction, Destination or Full Wedding Coordination services.
- We will provide all services agreed upon in the contract that must be signed by both the client and Coordinator at the commencement of service.
- We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the Wedding Industry.
- Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
- We will make every effort to return calls and emails in a timely manner. (Within 48 hrs.)
- We always endeavour to benefit our client and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit, in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
- We can not guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.