10 Reasons Why You Should Get Those Engagement Photos Taken
I seem to be seeing a lot of statements about people not wanting to get engagement photos. They think they’re a waste of time and money. My two cents, is that I think you should totally get engagement photos. Here are my top 10 reasons on why I think you should get those photos!
1. Most photographers will offer engagement photos heavily discounted,
or for free.
So why not?? If it’s not going to interfere with your wedding budget, try it out.
2. This is your chance to see if everyone meshes well.
You can meet each other and be reassured that you picked the right photographer.
3. Your engagement photos will most likely be close or similar to what
your wedding photos will be like.
You will be able to really experience your photographer’s style by getting engagement photos.
4. You will have professional photos to have on display at your wedding.
These photos are perfect for displaying at your signing table or at the gifts table.
5. You will be more comfortable around your photographer on your wedding day.
If you’re like me, you might be a little uncomfortable in front of the camera at first. This will give you a chance to get comfortable before your wedding day.
6. You will have some beautiful photos of your happy new family.
It seems like photos aren’t as important anymore. I think the world of selfies and smart phones has taken that away. These images are good enough for you to want to hang on your wall and show off to the world.
7. Your photographer will learn more about you.
By getting to know you, they will be able to shoot better photos of you on your wedding day. They will also already be aware of the things you like and don’t like.
8. Let this be the time to test you hair and make-up!
Don’t like how it looks in your engagement photos? Good thing you didn’t wait until your wedding to test these things out.
9. You can give engagement photos as gifts.
These would be good Christmas gifts, or even wedding gifts! Great for your parents and grandparents.
10. This is also your chance to get photos that can really represent you.
You and your photographer can come up with some shots that will be just as unique as you are.
If you’re still unsure about engagement photos, talk to your photographer some more about them. I’m sure they will have some other really good points to add to this list as well. They might even have some neat ideas already for your engagement photos. Don’t turn this opportunity down before you give it some serious thought.